The college football season is just a couple of weeks away, and many fans are anxious to know who they should cheer for. College football computer predictions are available in many forms, from simple polls to advanced mathematical models. The best ones consider factors like injuries, the strength of schedule, home field advantage, and margin of victory.
They also assign point values to each game and calculate the likelihood that a team will make it into the playoffs. Every year football experts predict which college teams will win against the spread. So the right pick could end up paying massive dividends for your future. Here are the best College football computer picks against the spread for extra knowledge.
Best College Football –
- If you like to roll the dice, here are some picks that make a lot of sense. The computer models at 5Dimes give the Florida State Seminoles a 60 percent chance to win. The over/under points is 49 with a line of FSU -9.5 or Florida State +9.5
- Florida State has won 46 games straight, including the last seven in a row. The Seminoles are one of the premier teams in college football, but they have not been able to get over the hump.
- In their last eight games, they have four straight losses. FSU has won the National Championship, but that was 15 years ago. The Seminoles are still a good team and will be there on Super Saturday.
- The Florida Gators (3-4) could not even make it to the SEC championship game this past season. However, it is a much different team than it was two years ago.
- If you are looking for long-term value, the Ohio State Buckeyes at +3.5 against Michigan State has a pretty good computer prediction. Ohio State should be in this game, but the Spartans are one of the better teams in the country and will produce a very good game overall.
- Michigan State will struggle early on as they usually do in big games. Expect a lot of running plays that tire out their defense early on. Then, when Michigan State starts to move the ball, they will commit penalties, slowing them down again.
- Michigan State has won three straight games against Ohio State, but the Buckeyes are still the favorite in this game. So if you’re looking for a backdoor cover, Ohio State will probably not take this game easily.
- However, it may become a very competitive game that ends with the spread. Since bowl games are worth 5 points now, this is a good bet if you like to play it safe with your picks. The computer predicts Michigan State winning by 3 points.
- The most challenging thing in college football is picking against Alabama. However, the computer model at 5Dimes has Auburn as a 7-point underdog. Therefore, the over/under total is 74 points with an Auburn +7 or Alabama -7 line.
The best College football computer picks against the spread are based on advanced models. The details are useful for those who want to make money betting on the games.